Monday 16 September 2013

Circle Game - the eggy face post

Well, I've got another block done.  Not without a lot of adult words, tears and an email to Amitie.

I'd tried machine piecing this block and failed.  I then hand pieced it and failed. By this stage, my rational and wise mine told me to give up.  The irrational stubborn mind told me to ask for help.  So I did.

Then I EPP'd the block and it went together perfectly. Because I realised that the two end pieces of each arc joined together without the green centre in between.  I'd been trying to put it together completely wrong.

I'd emailed Amitie panicking and thinking it was something wrong with the pattern when it was me being a complete numpty. AGAIN! I should have read the instructions first......

Now I'm off to email and apology to Lucy and explain I was a complete idiot.

That said this afternoons adventure is to rectify this piece of fabric art.  It is so distorted that I'm resorting to EPPing this and the remainder of the blocks in a vain attempt to have some reasonably flat blocks to assemble soon.

This is sort of the cripple blocks I am able to produce far too often.

Onwards and upwards.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, your circle patch looks tricky! I'm to be a fellow Little Blog Bee-er - I look forward to seeing more of your work in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top circle looks great, remember that practice makes perfect, if all else fails read the instructions!
    You might find it interesting to investigate your preferred learning styles, video shorts might suit you better than written information.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so pretty! What pattern is that?
    And Hi!! :D
    H x

    ReplyDelete